Pokemon: Rivals Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon: Rivals Forum

Pokemon: Rivals, the all new Pokemon gangwar!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» So this one time when I was thirteen, I made a pokemon game.
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2014 11:12 pm by Typhlix

» How to download this game so I can actually PLAY it?
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm by PyroTekniks

» How do i download the game 0.0
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:51 pm by Troph

» download prob
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:58 am by max77065

» Problem downloading game
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 pm by <(o.O)>

» HELPS Help Help!
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:43 pm by capcomx9

» is Pokemon Rivals active
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm by hydrot3k

» [AD] DiabloMU | Full Season 6 | 5 Years Online | 24/7 Dedicated Server
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 pm by kristin3l

» downloadin
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 pm by macd1204

» MuAddicted
The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:28 am by I-See-Sounds

The Answer To Running The Game With Vista

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Male Number of posts : 140
Favorite Pokemon : Wigglytuff
Registration date : 2008-06-24

The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Empty
PostSubject: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:09 am

Here is the tutorial that helped me resume my gameplay on the new computer! Everyone with problems playing this game on vista, CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Tutorial By Godlord

Running Eclipse on Windows Vista

Introduction

Welcome to a fresh tutorial of me, Godlord. In this tutorial I am going to show you how you do get Eclipse running on Windows Vista. Yes, you\'ve heard it Vista. With this tutorial you\'re also able to run a lot of other programs which wouldn\'t have ran before. So fasten your seatbelt and let\'s start.

Requirements

For this tutorial you need of course Windows Vista but it\'s also required to be logged in as an Administrator. If you aren\'t an administrator then you won\'t be able to do this tutorial so first get yourself logged in as an administrator.

User Account Control

So, I am logged in as an administrator, so what now? We are now going to disable the whole user account control. This thing enhances security on Windows Vista but this also messes with a lot of programs. Thereby were going to put it off. UAC or not a computer can always get broken.

We\'re going to disable the UAC. Open the control panel and type \"UAC\" in the search box. The first result you\'ll normally get returned by the search function will be normally \"User Accounts - Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.\". Click on it and the UAC window will open. De-select the option \"Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer\" and press the O.K. button. Windows Vista will now request to restart your PC, restart it. After Vista has started up the UAC should be disabled.

Although Microsoft doesn\'t suggest this, you should turn it off if you want to run a lot of programs. You can get a lot of other programs to secure your system instead.

Getting the missing libraries

Microsoft removed DirectX 7 and 8 for Visual Basic from the System32 directory or SysWOW64 on 64-bit. You can simply download DirectX 7 for Visual Basic and DirectX 8 for Visual Basic from my website. If you have downloaded them then you should put them in \"C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\" on Windows Vista x32 or \"C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\\" on Windows Vista x64. If you aren\'t sure which version you have then check if you have the \"SysWOW64\" folder in \"C:\\WINDOWS\" if not then you have x32 else you will have x64. (Or some idiot made that folder there to have a few jokes with you.).

Now you can register the two DLL files. You can do this by typing:

Code:

cd C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\
regsvr32 dx7vb.dll
regsvr32 dx8vb.dll

In a console, \"cd C:\\WINDOWS\\SysWOW64\\\" for 64-bit Vista The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Wink.

Or you can just open one DLL with... And then you select \"C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\Regsvr32\" as the program, remember SysWOW64 on Vista 64-bit. Then you tick the box to always open it with that. Then you can just click on the other DLL and you have registered both DLL files.

Done

Wow that was not that hard. You can now run Eclipse on Vista and probably a lot of other programs too The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Wink. Enjoy it.

To do

- Adding screenshots, I will be making them later on The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Wink...

Regards, Godlord.

Last edited by Galactic Grunt on Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

Male Number of posts : 119
Favorite Pokemon : Aggron/Seviper
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 am

What do you mean? What did it say?
Back to top Go down
http://pokemonrivals.webmmorpg.net
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Nevermind   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:38 am

Heh. Nevermind its working..until i log on. It says those two usual errors.

-------------------------------
7/3/2008 9:38:23 AM
File: modGameLogic.bas
Procedure: GameInit
Error #429
Description: ActiveX component can't create object

-------------------------------
7/3/2008 9:38:23 AM
File: frmMirage.frm
Procedure: txtChat_GotFocus
Error #5
Description: Invalid procedure call or argument
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:43 am

Yes, I checked the log on the server and you had just logged on when I got down to my computer. For the first one, try downloading the most recent version of ActiveX from Microsoft. The second one has no solution. I have heard that it goes away after a while. I really don't know why it occurs.
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Downloading   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 am

Alright, i'm downloading something from microsoft. I hope it works.

EDIT: Tried downloading but it said not enough space. Do you have any specific links?
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Not enough space? On your computer? Thats not good. I really can't help you if thats the problem...
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: I don't know..?   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:42 pm

I don't know.. maybe its the wrong thing? Any specific link?

Well i'll try cleaning up
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:00 pm

Hmmm, let me try to find it. I will post it up when i get it ok?
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Thanks   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 pm

Its been a while.....
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 3:50 pm

I realize. I can't find exactly what you are looking for. All they have are DirectX patches and things that don't have anything to do with it. No specific DirectX itself.
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Admin wrote:
I realize. I can't find exactly what you are looking for. All they have are DirectX patches and things that don't have anything to do with it. No specific DirectX itself.

Direct...Or Active?
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:36 am

Oh yes, ActiveX. I have really no idea where to download ActiveX itself. Maybe a .ocx file is bad.
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:21 am

Admin wrote:
Oh yes, ActiveX. I have really no idea where to download ActiveX itself. Maybe a .ocx file is bad.
What should we do?
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:43 pm

I have no idea what to do about it. Maybe you can update directX.
Back to top Go down
Senor Mongoose Peanut

Senor Mongoose Peanut

Male Number of posts : 45
Favorite Pokemon : Glameow!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Hmm, I have an idea, if its small enough, do you think you could email it to him?
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:15 pm

WhiteAdder wrote:
Hmm, I have an idea, if its small enough, do you think you could email it to him?
We're not talking about the patch anymore. We're talking about ActiveX/DirectX
Back to top Go down
Senor Mongoose Peanut

Senor Mongoose Peanut

Male Number of posts : 45
Favorite Pokemon : Glameow!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:39 am

oh... I'll just shove off now xD
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:43 pm

Hmm.. I'm going to try to re install and stuff... This game sounds cool..
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm hoping it works...
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Hm.. the Server is down... Still working with The Potato Master?
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Back up but...THOSE TWO ERRORS! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Hey, I think I know what the problem is. Are you using Windows Vista?
Back to top Go down
Guildmaster Wigglytuff

Guildmaster Wigglytuff

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Yeah! *excited*
Back to top Go down
Typhlix
Admin
Admin
Typhlix

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:01 pm

I JUST FIXED THIS PROBLEM TODAY FOR MYSELF!!! WOOO!!! I can refer you to the guide that saved my game for me! Go to http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,25352.0.html for the guide!!! EVERYBODY WITH VISTA, CHECK THIS OUT!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Answer To Running The Game With Vista   The Answer To Running The Game With Vista Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Answer To Running The Game With Vista
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next